Each of the 5 high school seniors was awarded a $1,000 scholarship
Southwestern National Bank has selected its 2019 Southwestern National Bank Scholars. For the 14th consecutive year, five outstanding area high school seniors will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to support their respective college educations.
Each scholar was selected based on their academic achievement, extra-curricular participation, community service and financial needs.
Southwestern National Bank has a long-standing history of service to local communities, and this fund helps support those who exhibit the same commitment. Applications were accepted from students in Houston, Austin and Dallas areas. Below is the 2019 SWNB Scholars:
1. Gigi Zhong graduated from Cinco Ranch High School, – UH: Major: Finance
2. Que Dihn Vuong graduated from Alief Hastings High School – UH: Major: Health Science
3. MiMi Nguyen graduated from Benjamin Davis Senior High School – UH: Major: Supply Chain Management
4. Tony Nguyen graduated from Alief Hastings High School – UT: Major: Mechanical Engineering
5. Madison Cao graduated from Plano East Senior High School – Baylor University: Major: Health Science
An award ceremony was held at the headquarters of Southwestern National Bank on 7/12/2019. Chairman C.K. Lee, Vice Chair, Ted Hsieh, CEO, George Lee, and Director Dr. Chuanwen Sun were present along with the family and friends of the scholarship recipients. Member FDIC.