The Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce is pleased to present the eleventh annual State of the City Sugar Land Address focusing on the City’s 2018 accomplishments. The program will be held Thursday, February 28, 2019 at the Sugar Land Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, located at 16090 City Walk at the corner of U.S. Highway 59 and State Highway 6.
Lunch will be served at 11:30 AM, followed by a dynamic presentation from Mayor Joe Zimmerman and City Manager Allen Bogard of 2018 Sugar Land accomplishments and goals for 2019. “As the City of Sugar Land approaches its 60th anniversary in December, we look forward to sharing a dynamic presentation focusing on our many accomplishments over the past year and our vision for the future. Sugar Land’s rich history has been defined by exceeding expectations, investing in services that meet the needs of our citizens and anticipating new challenges. Throughout our remarks we will emphasize our commitment to doing things differently in Sugar Land – a mindset we simply call the “Sugar Land Way.” It’s a commitment to doing things in a way that creates pride in our home town and inspires confidence in local government.” says Mayor Zimmerman.
Some of these include the following:
• The City’s ongoing efforts to improve mobility and connectedness throughout Sugar Land
• The focus on keeping Sugar Land safer than ever before as evidenced through the City’s historically low crime rate and sustained investments in facilities and infrastructure, including drainage
• The City’s efforts to listen to the community by leveraging technology to enhance citizen engagement
• Economic and tourism initiatives that help provide the high level of services that Sugar Land citizens expect while maintaining one of the state’s lowest tax rates
• Sugar Land’s prestigious “AAA” bond rating, a reflection of the City’s strong financial position that allows the City to improve its quality of life, while at the same time minimizing our residents’ tax burden
• The City’s champion workforce that consistently exceeds the high expectations of the Sugar Land community and positions the City to effectively respond to new opportunities.
“The Governmental Relations Division provides Chamber members with access to local and state government officials, promoting the understanding of current legislative issues and giving the business community an opportunity for input. This division provide a forum for discussion of relevant legislative matters, updates members on key issues and provides leadership on legislative agendas. During election years, the division conducts community candidates forums for municipal, school, and county elections that provide a fair and unbiased opportunity for attendees to understand the qualifications, positions of the candidates and the key issues of the election.”
Presenting Sponsors: Johnson Development Corporation, Dannenbaum Engineering Corporation. Underwriting Sponsors: Geotest Engineering, Inc., LandPark Commercial, Linebarger Law Firm, MD Anderson Cancer Center, TBG Partners, US Global Fuels, Wharton County Junior College.
Sponsorships Still Available.
Presenting Sponsor – $2,500 (includes table of 10, LOGO on all marketing materials and recognition at event), Underwriter Sponsor – $1,000 (includes table of 8, NAME on all marketing material, and recognition at event), Corporate Table of 8 – $650 and individual reservation for $35. Contact Matthew Ferraro at 281-491-0277 or email@example.com to make reservations. You can also RSVP online at www.FortBendChamber.com
About the Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce
The Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce is the only 5-star accredited chamber in greater Houston region. As the advocate for business excellence in Fort Bend County, membership provides both immediate and long-term benefits for your business and helps build momentum for our community’s future.